What is a Community Tennis Association?
Any incorporated, geographically defined, not-for-profit, volunteer-based organization that supports or provides programs which promote and develop the growth of tennis.
Types of Community Tennis Associations
- Single-Purpose – delivers only one program or service and does not address needs of entire community
- Multi-Purpose – offers more than one program/service but is still not a full-service organization
- Umbrella – delivers a full menu of programs & services to the entire tennis community
- Coalition – facilitates the delivery of tennis programs & services through a diverse group of organizations (could be other CTA’s, clubs, park & rec agencies, YMCA’s, etc.)
Community Tennis Association Resources
- CTA Guidebook available online at www.usta.com/cta or by contacting USTA Northern office
- Funding available for organizational development, including assistance with initial incorporation
- Web site Development — Registered CTA’s can become part of the USTA.com network
- CTA Newsletter (Game, Set, Match) & Best Practices Sharing