What Benefits Does A Tennis In The Parks Agency Enjoy?
Build a healthier community through tennis and register your Parks and Recreation organization as a Tennis in the Parks agency. By registering, your organization will receive FREE resources and support for growing and improving tennis in your local community. Resources and benefits may include:
- Tennis programming formats and assistance
- Discounts on tennis equipment
- On-court training support for coaches
- Facility construction and maintenance assistance and funding
- Access to grants
- And much more!
How Will Tennis In The Parks Meet My Needs?
A three-prong approach ensures that the TIP initiative meets park and recreation’s needs:
1) TIP is focused on quality tennis programming from instruction, team tennis and league play, to marketing and partnerships.
2) TIP helps ensure that public tennis facilities are in optimum condition.
3) TIP is committed to ensuring the sustainability of tennis in the public park sector by:
- developing an advocacy agenda to support master planning to include tennis
- mounting bond referendum support for community projects that include tennis
- building a network of local tennis advocates eager to reach out to local policy makers about the need and benefits of quality tennis programming and infrastructure
Why Get Involved?
Since 2005, the USTA has contributed over $4.8 million in matching facility grants to 150 agencies that built or renovated 1,107 courts. That is part of over $44.2 million in public tennis facility renovation or construction. You can easily make a difference – get involved with NRPA, USTA and Tennis In the Parks to provide your community with access to tennis education, resources and a safe, appealing and functional tennis environment!
For more information, contact Christine Nickels at firstname.lastname@example.org.